PRIOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155552
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1959
Statutory Address:
PRIOR HOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PRIOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155552 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 10:29:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
PRIOR HOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wychavon (District Authority)
Parish:
Cleeve Prior
National Grid Reference:
SP0841849517

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 05/12/2011

SP 0849 4/8 30.7.59

CLEEVE PRIOR MAIN STREET (South Side) Prior House

(Formerly listed as Top Farmhouse) II

Farmhouse late C18 and early Cl9 red brick with some rubble stone to rear. Slate roof with coped gables and 2 rear wall stacks. Three-storey 3 window East front with coved stucco eaves, stucco quoins and window heads with incised voussoir lines and keystones with cornice strips. Glazing bar sash windows. Six panel door. Doorcase with reeded strips and altered hood. Panelled reveals. Rear wings rubble stone and brick, some cambered head openings with brick surrounds. This part said to be dated 1790. Mercer, English vernacular houses.

Listing NGR: SP0841749516

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
147598
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Mercer, E, English Vernacular Houses, (1975)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/06445/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].