Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155600

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1952

Statutory Address: KING'S HEAD HOUSE, WEST END


Ordnance survey map of KING'S HEAD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155600 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 02:27:13.


Statutory Address: KING'S HEAD HOUSE, WEST END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Northleach with Eastington

National Grid Reference: SP 11268 14697


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


NORTHLEACH WITH WEST END SP 1114 EASTINGTON (north side) 8/149 King's Head House 23.1.52 GV II

House in row. C16 with probably C18 and C19 extensions at right angles rear. Main body; large roughly coursed and dressed limestone blocks to ground floor, flat-chamfered stone plinth. Far right-hand bay rebuilt in brick, plinth to this bay repaired in brick. Jettied first floor with close-studded timber framing with plastered infill, stone slate roof, stone stack repaired in stone C20. Four-windowed facade, all 2-light metal casements with leaded panes to first floor. Two 12-pane sashes and a late C19-early C20 four-light casement with central stone mullion and moulded surround to ground floor. C20 plank door with fillets within flat-chamfered surround with roughly carved cross on lintel off centre left. C20 door with fillets left of right-hand window (probably inserted at time right-hand bay was rebuilt in brick) off centre right. Four- light wood casement left with central flat-chamfered stone mullion with moulded surround between the two doors. Projecting strings to gables of extensions at rear possibly former pigeon landings. Stacks at gable ends. Interior; through passage on line of left-hand door. Wide flat- chamfered Tudor-arched surround to former rear entrance (now opening into later extension). Flat-chamfered intersecting beams. Open fireplace with bressumer beam. House formerly formed part of the King's Head Inn.

Listing NGR: SP1126814697


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 130586

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing