CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155615

Date first listed: 17-Sep-1952

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155615 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 13:10:24.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Hawkesbury

National Grid Reference: ST 76760 86931

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HAWKESBURY C.P. HAWKESBURY ST 78 NE 4/100 Church Farmhouse 17.9.52

G.V. II

House. C16th, altered and restored 1980s. Rendered and rubble to north-east wings; Cotswold stone slate roof, some reproduction at rear and double Roman tiles to left. L plan with main north-east wing (formerly used as a malthouse), cross-wing to south east, and wing to south-west (late 18th/early C19th). 2 storeys. 3 windows and former door to main wing, 2 windows to cross wing and 2 windows and door to south-west wing; mostly 2- and 3-light C20th casements and doors; one 2-light casement with heavily chamfered mullion in north of main wing and one 3-light casement of c.1700 with scroll moulded mullions and decorative catch on cross-wing, the gable end of cross wing has a projecting stack and 2 blocked single light windows with depressed 4-centred heads (the lower one has incised lines above the head which might be the guidelines for spandrels). Interior: 5 chamfered beams to main range with stop chamfered joists between; roof, 4 tie-beam trusses with tenoned collars and 2 pairs of purlins (probably formerly windbraced) to main wing and 4 tie-and-collar beam trusses with 2 pairs of purlins and formerly 2 tiers of curved windbraces (a few remain) to cross wing. Hall, L, The Rural Houses of Northavon and south Gloucestershire, 1983.

Listing NGR: ST7675886933

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 34310

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hall, L, 'City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery Monograph Number 6' in The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720, (1983)

End of official listing