THE TROUT INN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155618

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: THE TROUT INN, A417

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE TROUT INN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155618 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 21:59:35.

Location

Statutory Address: THE TROUT INN, A417

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Lechlade

National Grid Reference: SU 22323 99107

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 29 NW LECHLADE A417 (east side)

9/128 The Trout Inn

GV II

Inn. Originally founded c1229 to care for workmen on St. John's Bridge, actual building probably partly dating from that period but mostly late medieval, with late C18 addition on main frontage to north, and several late additions to rear not of special interest. Coursed rubble stone, slate roof and brick end stacks to northern addition, stone slate roof and large rear stone lateral stack with offsets. Single main range in 2 sections, with lean-to to older part and various rear extensions. Older section to south of 2 storeys and attic, scattered fenestration mostly renewed 2 or 3- light casements under timber lintels with C20 door on south end. Later section of 2 storeys with two 12-pane sashes on each floor, longer on ground floor, with half-glazed C19 door and gabled'porch to right. Interior has low chamfered beam along length of older section. Originally an almshouse and hospital founded in early C13, continuing after dissolution of nearby Priory in 1472/3 as inn known as 'Ye Sygne of St John Baptist Head', name changed to Trout Inn in 1704.

Listing NGR: SU2232399107

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 128973

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing