COURT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155683

Date first listed: 24-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: COURT HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of COURT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155683 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 17:23:07.

Location

Statutory Address: COURT HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Bisley-with-Lypiatt

National Grid Reference: SO 90467 05934

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 9005 BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT HIGH STREET, Bisley Village (east side)

13/81 Court House

GV II

Former court house, now exhibition hall with flat over. Dated 1865 for J.E. Dorington of Lypiatt Park (q.v.). Coursed and squared limestone; Welsh slate roof. Two-storey. Stands forward of main building line. Tudor Revival style. Front: 3 windows to ground floor below continuous string course; central 3-light, outer 2- light, all with Tudor arched heads. Two eaves-level parapet gabled upper floor dormers with 2-light casements. Central carved panel with Dorington arms and ribbon bands inscribed 'BISLEY COURT HOUSE' and 'A.D.1865'. Parapet gabled ends, each with mullioned and transomed upper floor casement. Stone steps lead to upper floor doorway at south end; off-centre Tudor arched doorway to north end with 2-light casement to left. Interior not inspected. Building replaced small market hall formerly on this site. Partly used as meeting room for local Board of Health.

Listing NGR: SO9046705934

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 132638

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing