QUINTONS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155700
Date first listed:
10-Jan-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
09-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
QUINTONS, STANDISH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of QUINTONS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155700 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jun-2019 at 12:58:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
QUINTONS, STANDISH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Standish
National Grid Reference:
SO 79092 08867

Details

STANDISH STANDISH LANE SO 70 NE (north side) 6/244 Quintons (formerly listed as Pair of cottages formerly 1.0.1.55 Manor Farm or Whitlow House) II Detached house, previously in use as pair of cottages. Left hand side probably late C16/early C17, refronted probably in 1698 when right hand side built by or for William and Hannah Lediard, initials and date around oval window to right hand gable. Originally timber-framed with pair of crucks on left gable end, possibly true crucks with base obscured by half-height brick facing, rear rendered and probably timber-framed, front refaced to match right hand in coursed and dressed stone. Concrete tile roof, half hipped to left, very large ashlar ridge stack on later half with 3 diagonally set square flues with brick caps. Single range of single storey and attic, 2 large coped gables to front, with cross gable to right. Right hand side is rear lobby entry plan. Both gables have 2-light stone mullion and square hoodmould over 3-light similar with oval light in apex to right; 3-light to left offset from centre with former chamfered stone doorway to right, blocked with recessed stonework. Central small single light probably for newel stair in line with rear entrance and stack. Rear gable is brick above ground floor and has 2-light on ground floor. Small C20 lean-to to each end. (V.C.H., Gloucestershire, Vol X, 1972)

Listing NGR: SO7909208867

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
132503
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1972)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].