BIBURY MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155741

Date first listed: 05-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: BIBURY MILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BIBURY MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155741 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 21:26:33.

Location

Statutory Address: BIBURY MILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Bibury

National Grid Reference: SP 12050 06515

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BIBURY BIBURY VILLAGE SP 10 NW 3/70 Bibury Mill GV II Former mill, now storage warehouse. Mainly late C18 or early C19; some late C17 fragments. Random rubble limestone; stone slate roof. Two-storey with attic. East side: many indications of alterations and rebuilding. Two and 3-light scattered mullioned fenestration, 2-light to ground floor appearing late C17. Late C18 chamfered mullioned 3-light. Two tall raking buttresses with top coping to left of range of loading doorways. Single gabled attic dormer. South end: gable end with 3-light casements to ground floor and attic; upper floor loading doorway with single-light to right. North end: attached lower building containing water wheel set over mill race. Interior not inspected. Recorded from 1608. In use as a corn mill in 1920 but disused by 1934. (A.R.J. Jurica, 'Bibury' in V.C.H. Glos. vii, 1981, p 21-44)

Listing NGR: SP1205006515

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 127316

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1981), 21-44

End of official listing