FOUR FIELDER MONUMENTS, IN LINE ABOUT 15M NORTH OF WEST BUTTRESS OF PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155746
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
FOUR FIELDER MONUMENTS, IN LINE ABOUT 15M NORTH OF WEST BUTTRESS OF PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

Map

Ordnance survey map of FOUR FIELDER MONUMENTS, IN LINE ABOUT 15M NORTH OF WEST BUTTRESS OF PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155746 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jun-2019 at 13:09:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
FOUR FIELDER MONUMENTS, IN LINE ABOUT 15M NORTH OF WEST BUTTRESS OF PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Standish
National Grid Reference:
SO 80062 08438

Details

STANDISH STANDISH VILLAGE SO 80 NW 7/250 Four Fielder Monuments, in line about 15m north of west buttress of porch in churchyard of Church of St. Nicholas GV II Four chest tombs, Fielder family. From south to north: 1. George Fielder 1800. Sandstone. Flat top, moulded plinth and capping on base, slightly indented ends with fluted frieze, slightly recessed reliefs with pyramid to west, urn to east; raised plain ovals to sides with draped leaf reliefs. 2. Samuel Fielder 1763. Limestone. Flat top, moulded plinth and capping with slightly convex ends, straight quarter baluster corners, recessed moulded oval to south and double tombstone shape panel to north, high reliefs to ends. 3. George Fielder, 1744, and 4. ----- Fielder, mid C18. Both limestone. Flat top, cyma moulded plinth and capping, lyre ends with oval ends panels and shallow relief returns. Projecting moulded rectangular side panels with flanking relief strips of drapery to north and foliage to south.

Listing NGR: SO8006208438

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
132509
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].