STABLE BLOCK 30 METRES NORTH-WEST OF BLENKINSOPP HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155794

Date first listed: 27-Jul-1987

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK 30 METRES NORTH-WEST OF BLENKINSOPP HALL, A 69(T)

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK 30 METRES NORTH-WEST OF BLENKINSOPP HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155794 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 08:01:19.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK 30 METRES NORTH-WEST OF BLENKINSOPP HALL, A 69(T)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Greenhead

National Grid Reference: NY 68130 64172

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREENHEAD A 69(T) NY 66 SE (North side, off) 15/66 Stable block 30 metres north-west of Blenkinsopp Hall II

Stable block incorporating coach house, stables and living quarters. Rear range and return wings 1833 (dated on pediment); front range rebuilt 1903 (dated on parapet). Dressed stone, graduated green slate roofs and stone chimneys; glazed iron canopy on rear range. 4 ranges round a rectangular stable yard. Tudor/Gothic style.

Single-storey, 5-bay front range. Taller central square-plan tower; flanking walls break back; projecting canted end bays. Projecting embattled parapets. Tower has moulded triangular-headed archway with clock face and flanking cross- loops above. Featureless flanking walls. End bays have 3-light chamfered- mullioned windows with latticed casements; moulded octagonal plaques on parapet (plaque on left bay dated 1903).

2-storey, 6-bay rear range. Central paired doorways flanked by elliptical coach arches with doorways in end bays. Six 2-light windows in chamfered surrounds above (3 windows on left half retain sashes and mullion). Pediment over two centre bays contains boarded-over clock face in surround dated 1833. Low-pitched hipped roof with 4 ridge stacks. Canopy across entire ground floor of rear range has low pent glass roof on arch-braced iron brackets.

Single-storey, 3-bay return wings; each wing with two 2-light windows and an elliptical coach arch to yard; low-pitched roofs.

Listing NGR: NY6813064172

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 240714

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing