BANK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155800
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1959
Statutory Address:
BANK HOUSE, FRONT STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155800 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 19:49:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
BANK HOUSE, FRONT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wychavon (District Authority)
Parish:
Pebworth
National Grid Reference:
SP 12962 46833

Details

SP 1246 PEBWORTH FRONT STREET

5/8 30.7.59 Bank House

II

House 1705 banded blue lias stone with Cotswold stone dressings and modern tile roof. Central stone stack with brick shaft. Coped West gable. T-plan. Two-storey and attic. Flush quoins at West end corners, first floor band and plinth with 2-light stone mullion basement window. South front with three 2-light stone mullioned windows to ground and first floor, single light at right hand side over door in moulded shouldered architrave and, between 1st and 2nd windows, large blank oval panel in moulded frame to each floor. West end stone mullioned windows to attic and 1st floor. Datestone HC 1705. At East end is attached an early C19 2-storey block with low pitch slate roof and 2 window range of casements. Gable rebuilt in brick with cambered head door and wider opening part blocked for window. Now the Post Office. This section not of special interest.

Listing NGR: SP1296246833

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
147648
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 May 2006
Reference: IOE01/15646/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].