GRAVE OF EMILY DAVISON APPROX 100 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155804
Date first listed:
22-Aug-1986
Statutory Address:
GRAVE OF EMILY DAVISON APPROX 100 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRAVE OF EMILY DAVISON APPROX 100 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155804 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 19:32:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
GRAVE OF EMILY DAVISON APPROX 100 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Morpeth
National Grid Reference:
NZ 19624 85130

Details

MORPETH HIGH CHURCH NZ 1985

24/355 Grave of Emily Davison approx 100 yards north-west of Church of St.Mary

GV II

Gravestone of Emily Davison, 1913; also various family members and dates 1866- 1918. White marble. Moulded square base and tall tapering block. Multi- moulded top bearing a cross. .

Inscribed: Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. EMILY WILDING DAVISON Born Oct. 11th 1872 Died June 8th 1913 "DEEDS NOT WORDS"

Emily Davison was the suffragette who threw herself in front of the King's horse on Derby day 1913.

Included for historical interest.

Listing NGR: NZ1962485130

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
238721
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Oct 2000
Reference: IOE01/02328/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David J Wilkinson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].