SAMUELL BEARD AND HENRY BUTT MONUMENTS, ABOUT 5.5M NORTH EAST OF EAST BUTTRESS OF PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155857
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
SAMUELL BEARD AND HENRY BUTT MONUMENTS, ABOUT 5.5M NORTH EAST OF EAST BUTTRESS OF PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

Map

Ordnance survey map of SAMUELL BEARD AND HENRY BUTT MONUMENTS, ABOUT 5.5M NORTH EAST OF EAST BUTTRESS OF PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155857 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jun-2019 at 12:48:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
SAMUELL BEARD AND HENRY BUTT MONUMENTS, ABOUT 5.5M NORTH EAST OF EAST BUTTRESS OF PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Standish
National Grid Reference:
SO 80075 08430

Details

STANDISH STANDISH VILLAGE SO 80 NW 7/261 Samuell Beard and Henry Butt Monuments, about 5.5m north east of east buttress of porch in churchyard of Church of St. Nicholas GV II Two chest tombs. To south: Samuell Beard 1653; to north: Henry Butt 1822. Beard - Limestone. Flat top, moulded plinth and capping, plain slab sides and ends, incised inscription to south still clearly visible as follows: "HEAR RESTETH THE BODY / OF SAMUELL BEARD YEA / MAN WHO DECESED THE / 8 DAY OF JUNE WAIGHT / ING FOR A JOYFULL RE / ZURRECTION UNTO GLO / RY ANNO DOMINI 1653". East end slightly moved out at time of survey (January 1986). Butt - Sandstone. Flat top, moulded plinth and capping on large base, slightly indented ends with recessed panelled returns and ends, and rosette frieze. Plain recessed panels to sides. Partially overgrown at time of survey.

Listing NGR: SO8007508430

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
132519
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].