ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155951
Date first listed:
25-Aug-1977
Statutory Address:
ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST MARY, BAILIFFGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155951 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 10:45:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST MARY, BAILIFFGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Alnwick
National Grid Reference:
NU 18514 13632

Details

BAILIFFGATE 1. 5330 (North Side) Roman Catholic Church of St Mary NU 1813 NE 2/7 NU 1813 NW 3/7 II GV 2. 1856, by John Green. Three gabled bays, centre wider and projecting. Early English style. Three stages, centre over basement. Ashlar with ground floor string, labels to openings (with head stops on left), and string to coped gables. Centre with angle buttresses, terminating in stunted pinnacles. Central doorway with recessed trefoil lights in spandrels of pointed arch; printed arch side door to left, large square door to Presbytery on right. Lancet triplet in centre with lights surmounted by trefoil in centre. Star and blind lancets in centre gable. Blind lancets in side gables. Fleur de lys pinnacles to side gables. Interior: top lit, gallery at south end.

Listing NGR: NU1851513634

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
235604
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00483/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alastair Cochrane. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].