THE RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156009
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Statutory Address:
THE RECTORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156009 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 07:23:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE RECTORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Whittington
National Grid Reference:
SP0110521154

Details

SP 02 SW WHITTINGTON WHITTINGTON VILLAGE

2/141 The Rectory 23.1.52 II

Former rectory. C17-early C18 and C19. Ashlar, stone slate roof, stone stacks. Rectangular plan to C17-early C18 core with C19 extension to left gable end; late C19 extensions to right gable end and at rear. Early core; 2 storeys and attic, upper floor lit by 3 Cotswold dormers lit by 2-light stone-mullioned casements, with hood over each. Three-light stone-mullioned casements to ground and first floors (probably replacements of earlier similar lights). Central C20 plank door within flat-chamfered 'Tudor'- arched surround. Forward facing gable to C19 extension left lit by 2 storey canted bay with hollow-chamfered lights. C19 single storey extension (dated 1889) right with rectangular stone- mullioned canted bay. Gable end and axial stack. Saddleback and roll-moulded coping. Moulded kneelers Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP0110521154

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129246
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/11542/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].