37, STATION ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156073
Date first listed:
26-Nov-1976
Statutory Address:
37, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 37, STATION ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156073 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 09:47:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
37, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
South Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Redenhall with Harleston
National Grid Reference:
TM 24703 83786

Details

1. 5321 REDENHALL WITH HARLESTON STATION ROAD (west side) Harleston No 37 (former Harleston station) TM 2483 29/219 26.11.76 II

2. Circa 1855, former Harleston Station on the Waveney Valley Line. Waveney Valley Railway was begun in 1851 and opened in 1855, taken over by Great Eastern Railway in 1863 and closed in 1960. Italianate. Grey brick. low-pitched slate roof with large shaped eaves brackets. Two storeys, 1:2:1 windows, outside bays pedimented with brick pilasters. First floor round-headed windows, centre small, ground floor flat-headed windows, the outside ones with brick architraves with cornices. Central round-headed doorway with cornice over approached by flight of steps. Brick chimney stacks. Canopy over platform on north side demolished.

Listing NGR: TM2470383786

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
225972
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/09851/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Mike Withinshaw. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].