ROBERTSONS PANT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156086
Date first listed:
25-Aug-1977
Statutory Address:
ROBERTSONS PANT, BONDGATE WITHIN

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROBERTSONS PANT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156086 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 00:52:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROBERTSONS PANT, BONDGATE WITHIN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Alnwick
National Grid Reference:
NU 18730 13288

Details

BONDGATE WITHIN 1. 5330 (South Side) Robertson's Pant NU 1813 SE 1/169 II GV Dated 1890. Large square base with octagonal domed tempietto. Pointed ribbed dome with circular panels between ribs; lamp supported above done. East and west faces of base have fanned panels, to north a semi-circular porphyry tablet inscribed "Presented by Adam Robertson to his native town" and smaller plaques below inscribed "opened by Earl Percy" and "June 8th 189l", Robertson's Pant is situated near the roadway at the foot of Bondgate Hill.

Listing NGR: NU1873113286

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
235644
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00766/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alastair Cochrane. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].