TWO HAWKINS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 11M SOUTH WEST OF EAST END OF CHANCEL IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156092
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
TWO HAWKINS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 11M SOUTH WEST OF EAST END OF CHANCEL IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO HAWKINS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 11M SOUTH WEST OF EAST END OF CHANCEL IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156092.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2019 at 10:55:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO HAWKINS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 11M SOUTH WEST OF EAST END OF CHANCEL IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Whitminster
National Grid Reference:
SO 76039 09058

Details

WHITMINSTER WHEATENHURST SO 70 NE 6/283 Two Hawkins Monuments, about llm south west of east end of chancel in churchyard of Church of St. Andrew GV II Two chest tombs. Judith Hawkins 1763 to north, Henry Hawkins 1777 to south. Both limestone, with flat top, moulded plinth and capping, set together on large formerly railed base. Judith- panelled pilaster corners and dividers of side panels. Plain fielded side panels, relief cartouche to ends. Henry - lyre ends with flat oval end panels, raised moulded rectangular panel with similar flanking strips on north side. Plain fielded south side panels in same arrangement.

Listing NGR: SO7603909058

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
132541
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04661/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Bob Train. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].