ROSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156132
Date first listed:
04-Jul-1960
Statutory Address:
ROSE FARMHOUSE, STOCKWELL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156132 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 00:09:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROSE FARMHOUSE, STOCKWELL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Woodmancote
National Grid Reference:
SO 97397 27265

Details

SO 9627-9727 WOODMANCOTE STOCKWELL LANE (south side)

17/205 Rose Farmhouse

4.7.60

GV II

Former farmhouse, dated '1638' and 'R.B. 1843', the latter indicating the date of alterations on the gable facing the road. Coursed squared and dressed limestone; small area of timber framing; some rebuilding in painted brick; artificial stone slate roof; brick stack. 'L'-shaped plan with later extension. 1½ storeys. Twin-gabled rear elevation with 4-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casement and king mullion lower left and 2 single- light casements, one with a double-chamfered surround to the right. Three-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casement with stopped hood in the left-hand gable; 2-light double-chamfered stone- mullioned casement with stopped hood to the right-hand gable; single-light window cut from a single stone lighting the attic of the right-hand gable. East-facing elevation with C17 two-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casement and single-light casement with flat-chamfered surround; 2-light eaves dormer with leaded panes. Early studded plank door to the left. Two 2-light ovolo- moulded stone-mullioned casements with stopped hoods to the gable facing the lane; datestones and sun insurance plaque at apex of gable. Two-light stone-mullioned casement to the right-hand return. Projecting lateral stack to the rear of the main body flanked by a 2-light stone-mullioned casement and a C20 two-light steel casement within the blocking of a former doorway. Single- light casement with flat-chamfered surround to the extension to the right; C20 glass door with glazing bars. C20 steel casements and a large C20 five-light weather-boarded roof dormer to the opposite side. Lateral stacks to the main body, one with shafts removed. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SO9739727265

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
135299
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].