FFORSTER, EMBLETON AND HALL HEADSTONES CIRCA 12 YARDS SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156138
Date first listed:
03-Sep-1986
Statutory Address:
FFORSTER, EMBLETON AND HALL HEADSTONES CIRCA 12 YARDS SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW, ROAD TO ESLINGTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of FFORSTER, EMBLETON AND HALL HEADSTONES CIRCA 12 YARDS SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156138 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 19:08:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
FFORSTER, EMBLETON AND HALL HEADSTONES CIRCA 12 YARDS SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW, ROAD TO ESLINGTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Whittingham
National Grid Reference:
NU 06641 11935

Details

WHITTINGHAM ROAD TO ESLINGTON NU Ol SE (North side) Whittingham Village 10/135 Fforster, Embleton and Hall headstones c.12 yards south of Church of St. Bartholomew

GV II

Group of 3 headstones. 1736, 1745 and 1764. Small sandstone tablets.

Thos. Fforster 1736. Pedimented with primitive lettering and primitive angel's head in pediment.

Luke Embleton. 1764 with shaped and moulded top.

Michael Hall 1745 inscribed memento mori with skull in segmental-pedimented top.

Listing NGR: NU0664111935

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236220
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Nov 2002
Reference: IOE01/09471/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Ballan. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].