HOP KILNS AND TRAPHOUSE ABOUT 20 YARDS NORTH OF HALLEND FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156141
Date first listed:
04-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
HOP KILNS AND TRAPHOUSE ABOUT 20 YARDS NORTH OF HALLEND FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOP KILNS AND TRAPHOUSE ABOUT 20 YARDS NORTH OF HALLEND FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156141 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-May-2019 at 06:25:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOP KILNS AND TRAPHOUSE ABOUT 20 YARDS NORTH OF HALLEND FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Much Marcle
National Grid Reference:
SO 64064 36334

Details

MUCH MARCLE CP - SO 63 NW

4/52 Hop kilns and trap-house about 20 yards north of Hallend Farmhouse

GV II

Hop kilns and trap-house in two adjoining parts. Hop kilns: dated 1807 and 1913. Three storeys, two windows. Segmentally-headed 2-light casements, dentilled brick eaves cornice above which to east is a tall early C20 gable with longitudinal ridge ventilators; to left a large kiln in front of which rise stairs to first floor entry in return. Trap-house dated 1810 is attached to west: sandstone rubble, brick dentilled eaves cornice, tiled roof; two storeys, two windows; segmentally-headed openings, 2-light windows to upper left and bottom right, ledged door to right side of first floor, two-leaved ledged doors to left hand side. Rear north wall to roadside is sandstone rubble with some brick dressings and unifies the hop kilns with trap-house. Interior: both parts have pegged king-post trusses. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SO6406436334

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
152717
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].