FARMBUILDING RANGE SOUTH-WEST OF GREENHEAD COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1156292

Date first listed: 18-Jun-1986

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDING RANGE SOUTH-WEST OF GREENHEAD COTTAGES

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMBUILDING RANGE SOUTH-WEST OF GREENHEAD COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156292 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 07:31:20.

Location

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDING RANGE SOUTH-WEST OF GREENHEAD COTTAGES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Shotley Low Quarter

National Grid Reference: NZ 05069 51737

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHOTLEY LOW - QUARTER GREENHEAD NZ 05 SE

23/255 Farmbuilding range south-west of Greenhead Cottages.

GV ll

Farmbuilding range, C18 altered C19. Coursed rubble with cut dressings; slate roof. East elevation 1 storey, 5 bays, irregular. Bay 1 stable door, bay 4 boarded double doors under segmental arch with raised chamfered keystone; bays 2, 3 and 5 boarded doors. Coped gables with moulded kneelers; small corniced stacks at right end and 2 on ridge.

Right return shows blocked stone-surround door and is linked to ruin of gatehouse (largely demolished 1964). Vertical-panelled door on east of ruined part has chamfered stone surround with flat-pointed head, lintel inscribed HH (Humphrey Hopper) 1751.

James Lough (1798 - 1876) the sculptor is said to have been born in the room with the '1751' doorway.

Included partly for group value and partly for historical interest,

Listing NGR: NZ0506951737

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 240626

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing