CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1156301

Date first listed: 04-Aug-1986

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, RINGWOOD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156301 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 19:03:19.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, RINGWOOD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: New Forest (District Authority)

Parish: Bransgore

National Grid Reference: SZ 19118 97483

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SZ 19 NE BRANSGORE RINGWOOD ROAD

11/24 Church of St Mary the Virgin 4.8.86 GV II

Parish church. 1822 by J Hannaford, chancel 1873 by B Ferrey. Brick, golden limestone dressings, slate roof. Commissioners style church of added apsidal chancel, 4-bay nave with outshot north-east vestry and west tower. Half-octagonal chancel has lancet on 3 end faces and buttresses on corners. Nave has large lancets with buttresses between. Diagonal corner buttresses with gabled finial. Vestry of 2 builds has to east 2 squareheaded 2-light windows and on end pointed door to west. At west end tower of 2 stages with west corner buttresses, large west doorway of 2 order pointed door in squareheaded frame with quatrefoils in spandrels. Louvred lancet over. Crenellated parapet. Inside quite plain, much as originally built.

Listing NGR: SZ1904597584

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 143569

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing