2 AND 4, CLAYPORT STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156387
Date first listed:
25-Aug-1977
Statutory Address:
2 AND 4, CLAYPORT STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 2 AND 4, CLAYPORT STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156387 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 18:30:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
2 AND 4, CLAYPORT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Alnwick
National Grid Reference:
NU 18579 13256

Details

CLAYPORT STREET 1. 5330 (North Side) Nos 2 and 4 NU 1813 SE 1/215 II GV 2. Including No 1 Fenkle Street. A late C18/early C19 building on the comer of Fenkle Street, altered in 1866. Three storeys. Three windows to Clayport Street and 2 to Fenkle Street. Ashlar with moulded cill string to 1st floor and cill band to 2nd floor. Slightly tented slate roof, hipped at corner; 4 brick chimneys. Late glazed sash windows, 6 on 2nd floor to Clayport Street. First floor windows have moulded architraves and pediments, 3 with carved tympana including the date 1866 and the initials JL, JL. and EA to east and JL to south ( which has one window with arch headed glazing). Ground floor part painted. 1866 shop front to east: panelled pilasters and shouldered window, round headed doorways with foliate caps, dogtooth cornice. To south are 2 round headed doorways with keystones and 6 panel doers; a small shop window in centre recently altered with plain plate glass.

Listing NGR: NU1858113256

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
235681
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00766/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alastair Cochrane. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].