CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156414
Date first listed:
12-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156414 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 07:19:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
New Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Burley
National Park:
NEW FOREST
National Grid Reference:
SU 21417 03159

Details

SU 20 SW BURLEY CHURCH LANE

9/9 Church of St John the Baptist

II

Parish church. 1839 by C Underwood, altered 1886 by W Butterfield. Brick, stone dressings, slate roof, timber-frame and plaster parts to additions. Plan of small 2-bay chancel with north vestry and south low lean-to, and nave with south-east chapel, south boiler house and north-west porch, both added. Church Commissioners style of Early English. 3 lancets at east, centre raised. Nave has lancets in raised architraves and stepped buttresses. To west tall pointed door and triple lancet, over stone bellcote on gable wall. Added hipped porch has half-timber upper part and trefoiled timber arch to west. Interior has lost its west gallery, and furnishings have been replaced because of damp.

Listing NGR: SP2141803158

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
143580
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Mar 2006
Reference: IOE01/12359/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Barry Senior. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].