MEYCOTE AND ATTACHED FORMER CIDER HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1156515

Date first listed: 04-Dec-1985

Statutory Address: MEYCOTE AND ATTACHED FORMER CIDER HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MEYCOTE AND ATTACHED FORMER CIDER HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156515 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 22:33:18.

Location

Statutory Address: MEYCOTE AND ATTACHED FORMER CIDER HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Putley

National Grid Reference: SO 64900 37400

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PUTLEY CP - SO 63 NW

4/150 Meycote and attached former cider house

- II

House. Probably C17 with C18 and C19 extensions and late C20 alterations. Sandstone rubble, timber-frame with plaster infill, brick, slate and pantiled roofs. Longitudinal plan aligned roughly east/west with timber-framed part at west end, joined to former cider house to east by late C19 block. Two storeys. West part has two bays of timber-framing, stone side stack to north, c1970 casements south side and west gable; C19 part has three windows to south, former cider house has entry to left of south side and ledged door to upper level. Interior: timber-framed part has very heavy chamfered ceiling beams; former cider house has collar truss supported by two vertical posts rising from diagonal braces to principals. Attached to north side of C19 part is a flat-roofed mid-C20 extension with ex situ door lintol inscribed "WH 1700". Formerly known as Black House. (RCHM Vol II, p 157).

Listing NGR: SO6490037400

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 152815

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire II East, (1932), 157

End of official listing