Five Oaks

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156653
Date first listed:
06-Dec-1976
Statutory Address:
Five Oaks, Phillips Lane, Redmarley, GL19 3NF

Map

Ordnance survey map of Five Oaks
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156653 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 14:42:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
Five Oaks, Phillips Lane, Redmarley, GL19 3NF

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Forest of Dean (District Authority)
Parish:
Redmarley D'abitot
National Grid Reference:
SO 77263 31187

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 21/02/2019

SO 7631-7731 12/176 REDMARLEY D'ABITOT Phillips Lane Five Oaks

(Formerly listed as Wembley Bungalow, LOWBANDS)

6.12.76

GV II Cottage. 1847 by F. O'Connor, for the National Co-operative Land Company: minor mid C20 alterations. Random rubble walls faced pebble dash: slate roof. Three-room front, slightly projecting centre, one room deep, lean-to to rear, with small, lean-to wings each side. Single-storey, gabled open-front porch, boarded roof, over half-glazed front door, two flush panels below. Either side tall, single-light eight-pane casements (probably original). Ventilator in gable rendered over: plain bargeboards. Two-light, mid C20 metal casements in wings each side. Hipped roof, chimney on right end and to lean-to on right. Basically unaltered layout from 1847. Forms group with other Chartist cottages (q.v.); listed principally for historical and sociological reasons.

Listing NGR: SO7726331187

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
125995
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hadfield, A M, The Chartist Land Company, (1970)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jun 2007
Reference: IOE01/16387/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr John Sheraton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].