YOUTH AND COMMUNITY CENTRE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156757
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1984
Statutory Address:
YOUTH AND COMMUNITY CENTRE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of YOUTH AND COMMUNITY CENTRE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156757 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 21:20:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
YOUTH AND COMMUNITY CENTRE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Nottinghamshire
District:
Bassetlaw (District Authority)
Parish:
Misterton
National Grid Reference:
SK 76787 94578

Details

SK 79 SE MISTERTON HIGH STREET (south side)

6/88 Youth and Commun- ity Centre

G.V. II

Youth and Community Centre, formerly Board School. 1872, with C20 additions. Red brick with gault brick and ashlar dressings, fishscale and plain slate and lead roofs, 2 side wall and one ridge stacks. Brick plinth and decorative brick sill, lintel and eaves bands; cogged eaves. One storey, 6 bays, T plan. East front gable has central pointed-arched opening with splayed sill and tripartite mullioned and transomed casements. Above, decorative band and quatrefoil opening. To right, slightly projecting square tower, 2 stages, with pyramidal roof with iron ornament. Triangular headed door with decorative lintel; above lozenge shaped datestone, inscribed 'Board Schools, 1872' Above, again, chamfered plinth to second stage. Decorative teardrop opening with clock; similar blank openings to north and south; at rear, unglazed lancet. South side has off centre pair of gabled dormers, each with tripartite pointed-headed casement, flanked to left by 2 and to right by 6 two-light mullioned and transomed casements; above, 2 gabled dormer ventilators. Rear gable and right wing gables all have pointed arched tripartite mullioned and transomed casements. Remaining windows segmental headed 2 light casements.

Listing NGR: SK7678794578

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
241172
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06441/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Trevor Sowray. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].