THE PINES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156769
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Statutory Address:
THE PINES

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PINES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156769 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Oct-2019 at 21:26:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE PINES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Southrop
National Grid Reference:
SP2001703600

Details

SOUTHROP SOUTHROP VILLAGE SP 1903-2003 14/229 The Pines 23.1.52 GV II Detached house. Early-mid C17; mid-late C18 alterations. Random rubble limestone; ashlar and brick rebuilt chimneys; stone and artificial stone slate roofs. Two-storey; 2 parallel ranges. West front: 2-window fenestration, 2-light recessed chamfered mullioned casements to ground floor, 12-pane sashes with keyed beaded architraves above. North end: 2 gables, right with chimney having moulded cap and skirt. Left gable projects forward with lean-to addition to ground floor; pedimented doorway immediately to right with moulded architraves, pulvinated frieze and contemporary plank door. East side: 2-window fenestration as to west except ground floor casements are 3-light with ovolo moulded mullions. Interior not inspected. Formerly known as Grey's Court, this was the Keble family house until mid C18. The Pines is now all that remains of a much larger house. Dovecote (q.v.) stands to north west, walled garden with archway (q.v.) to south. (N.M. Herbert, 'Southrop' in V.C.H. Glos vii, 1981, pp. 129-136; and D. Verey, Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds, 1979)

Listing NGR: SP2001703600

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
127477
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1981), 129-136
Verey, D , The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire 1 The Cotswolds, (1970)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Nov 2007
Reference: IOE01/17046/36
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].