This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OLD COURT FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD COURT FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1156835

Location

OLD COURT FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: County of Herefordshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Bosbury

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Nov-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Mar-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 153009

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BOSBURY CP - SO 64 SE

6/44 Old Court Farmhouse (Formerly listed as Old 18.11.52 Court Farmhouse with Gatehouse)

- II

Former manor house of the Bishops of Hereford, now farmhouse. C15 core, with C17 additions, greatly altered during mid-C19. Sandstone earlier wing with brick later alterations, tiled roof. Irregular plan. Early wing aligned east/west facing south, later addition to north extending to east and further to north, large main central stack to south wing, entrances to centre of east front and to rear. Two storeys; east front, gabled end of earlier wing to left with sash window, French casements to the ground floor, later range to right with three windows, tripartite sash window with segmental brick heads, smaller proportions to central window, forward projecting gabled porch with panelled door. Interior: east room of south wing contains fine moulded plaster ceiling, arch braced collar and tie-beam trusses to south wing. (RCHM Vol II, p 18 & 19, item 4; Watkins, J: Duncomb's Collections towards the History and Antiquities of the County of Hereford, Hundred of Radlow 1902, p 27; Rev S Bentley, History and Description of the Parish of Bosbury 1891).

Listing NGR: SO6952143520

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire II East, (1932), 18 and 19
Bentley, Reverend S, History and Description of the Parish of Bosbury, (1891)
Watkins, J , Duncombs Collections towards the History and Antiquities of the County of Hereford Hundred of Radlow, (1902), 27

National Grid Reference: SO 69521 43520

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156835 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 08:25:57.

End of official listing