MANOR FARM HOUSE AND FORECOURT WALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1156860
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARM HOUSE AND FORECOURT WALL, DITCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARM HOUSE AND FORECOURT WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156860 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 18:03:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARM HOUSE AND FORECOURT WALL, DITCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Winson
National Grid Reference:
SP 09130 08618

Details

WINSON DITCH LANE SP 0808-0908 (west side) 9/251 Manor Farm House and forecourt wall 23.1.52 II Detached house. Part probably early C17; late C17 with addition dated 'BTM 1729', for Thomas Matthews. Random and coursed rubble limestone; ashlar and brick-rebuilt chimneys; stone slate roof. Two-storey cross-wing to south end of 2-storey with attic C18 addition; single-storey link at south end to earliest part, altered to outbuildings in early C19. Front: gable end of cross- wing projects forward with single-window fenestration, small-pane casement with timber lintel to ground floor, 3-light chamfered mullioned casement above. C18 addition to right is taller with single 12-pane sash to ground floor, doorway with 6-panel door and open timber porch to right, both early C19 alterations. Original 2 cross windows to upper floor. Single gabled roof dormer; 2 ridge-mounted chimneys. Single-storey link to left joins house to outbuilding range with casement fenestration and timber lintels; roof hipped in north east corner. Rear: gable end of cross-wing built into bank; 2-light upper floor mullioned casement; timber casements below and to left. Forecourt wall is swept down from high boundary at north end.

Listing NGR: SP0913008618

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
127499
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/12523/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].