VILLAGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1156922

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1952

Statutory Address: VILLAGE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of VILLAGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156922 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 11:02:49.

Location

Statutory Address: VILLAGE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Winson

National Grid Reference: SP 09052 08818

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WINSON WINSON VILLAGE SP 0808-0908 9/264 Village Farmhouse 23.1.52 GV II Detached farmhouse. Dated 'ARM 1696' for Richard Matthews; extensively rebuilt in late C18; c1820 alterations. Coursed and squared rubble limestone; ashlar and rubble chimneys; stone slate roof. Two-storey with attic; L-plan with lower 2-storey part and single-storey outbuildings at east end. Front: 3-window fenestration, tripartite sashes with glazing bars to ground floor, 12-pane sashes to upper floor. Central moulded Tudor arched doorway with floating cornice is late C17, re-set in late C18 alterations; datestone re-set above. Continuous moulded drip courses above windows. Part running to right has small-pane casements with timber lintels. West end: parapet gabled end to front range with 2 ovolo moulded cross windows per floor, attic 2- light with continuous hoodmould in gable. Wing continuing to left is mostly random rubble with 2-light chamfered mullioned casement and blocked single-light, possibly part of the 1696 house. Rear: wing to right has parapet gable with chimney having moulded cap. Restored cross windows below. Interior: most features date from c1780 rebuilding.

Listing NGR: SP0905208818

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 127512

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing