LYNDALE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1156963

Date first listed: 06-Dec-1976

Statutory Address: LYNDALE, PRINCE CRESCENT

Map

Ordnance survey map of LYNDALE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1156963 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 20:59:12.

Location

Statutory Address: LYNDALE, PRINCE CRESCENT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean (District Authority)

Parish: Staunton

National Grid Reference: SO 78721 29017

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 7929 STAUNTON PRINCE CRESCENT (North side) 1828/13/223 Lyndale 06.12.1976 II

Cottage. 1848; for F.O'Connor for the National Co-operative Land Company; altered and extended mid to late C20. White painted brick walls on stone plinth, slate roof. Three-room front, one room deep, single storey: new rear extension being built 1985, not of special interest. Centre room projects slightly: later gabled brick porch in centre, half-glazed front door up one step: single light casement in each return; single light, 8-pane window in either side of front wall. Plain brick string course to foot of gable, returned up verges: gable vent hidden by porch roof. Plain verge rafters. Two-light glazing bar casements in each wing, single oversailing course to eaves. End chimneys on ridge, slightly corbelled out. Originally with 4 acre holding. Forms part of Chartist settlement, listed principally for historical and sociological reasons. (A.M.Hadfield, The Chartist Land Company, 1970.)







Listing NGR: SO7872129017

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 126041

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hadfield, A M, The Chartist Land Company, (1970)

End of official listing