OLD MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157268

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1952

Statutory Address: OLD MANOR FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157268 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 16:30:45.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD MANOR FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood (District Authority)

Parish: Coddington

National Grid Reference: SK8359854440

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 85 SW CODDINGTON MAIN STREET (east side)

3/19 Old Manor Farmhouse

25-2-52 GV II

Farmhouse. Dated 1713. Red brick with a rendered coursed rubble plinth. Pantile roof with brick coped gables and kneelers, with single gable and single ridge stacks. 2 storeys with garret, L-Plan with baffle entrance, 5 bays with 1st floor band. There is a central projecting coped, gabled, single storey porch with a segmental arch over the entrance. The interior door is panelled with a plain surround. On either side of the porch are 2 transom and mullion wooden casement windows with glazing bars and segmental arches over. Above the porch is an ashlar plaque with inscription 'This house built by ........ ell .... 1713', flanked by 2 windows with similar casements. The porch has 4 S shaped tie plates, with a further tie plate between let and ground floor to the west. The 2 storey single bay rear wing, with stair window, has similar casements as the north front. To the east is a later red brick and pantile single storey with garret extension, having single stack. Interior has 2 inglenook fireplaces, one lying behind the central doorway, the other, in the room to the east, has an oven.

Listing NGR: SK8359854440

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 242654

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing