BARN AND GRANARY ADJOINING THE WERN FARMHOUSE TO THE SOUTH-EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157286

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: BARN AND GRANARY ADJOINING THE WERN FARMHOUSE TO THE SOUTH-EAST

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AND GRANARY ADJOINING THE WERN FARMHOUSE TO THE SOUTH-EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157286 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 02:46:52.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN AND GRANARY ADJOINING THE WERN FARMHOUSE TO THE SOUTH-EAST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Brilley

National Grid Reference: SO 24282 48635

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRILLEY CP - SO 24 NW 4/26 Barn and granary adjoining The Wern Farmhouse to the south-east GV II Barn and granary. Dated 1792. Part rubble, part timber-framed and weather boarded with corrugated metal roof. Barn of four bays aligned north/ south with wagon bay and opposed cart entries with double doors situated in third bay from south end. Ventilation slits in rubble wall. Date "1792" carved on lintel above west doorway. There is a rubble lean-to on the west side. Interior: wall-framing has large rectangular panels with long straight braces across the lower corners. There is a collar and tie-beam truss with struts at the south end and intermediate tie-beam trusses with two pairs of raking struts; two tiers of trenched purlins. The granary adjoins the north end and is of two levels and two bays. The lower level is a cart store and is open at the north end. The granary is approached by an external rubble staircase on the west side. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SO2428248635

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150579

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing