LITTLE QUEBB FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157333

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1953

Statutory Address: LITTLE QUEBB FARMHOUSE, OFF A4111

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE QUEBB FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157333 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 07:18:13.

Location

Statutory Address: LITTLE QUEBB FARMHOUSE, OFF A4111

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Eardisley

National Grid Reference: SO 30222 51911

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EARDISLEY CP off A 4111 (west side) SO 35 SW 3/42 Little Quebb Farmhouse 19.8.53 GV II Farmhouse. Circa 1400, extended circa 1600 and C17 with further mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations. Timber-framed with painted brick and rendered infill on rubble base, painted brick replacement walling and stone-tiled roofs laid in diminishing courses. Cruck hall house of probably three bays aligned north-east/south-west; through-passageway in central bay and large external rubble chimney with rubble and brick stack on north-west side of north-east bay. Cross-wing of two framed bays added at south-west end circa 1600 and a further parallel south-west cross-wing also of two framed bays added later in the C17. There is a large chimney at the junction of the earlier cross-wing and the original range. Part single storey and attic, part two storeys. Framing: original range has three panels from sill to wall-plate and a collar and tie-beam truss with struts and a V-strut above the collar at the north-east end. Earlier cross-wing has two rows of panels at first floor level, a jettied north-west gable on shaped brackets and a north-west tie-beam truss with three struts. Later cross-wing has two rows of panels at ground floor level, two rows of close-set studding at first floor level and a north-west tie-beam truss with latticed struts. North-west front elevation: original range has a 2-light ground floor casement and a C17 or earlier studded door with decorative strap hinges. The earlier gable end has a 4-light ground floor casement with a plank weathering and a first floor 3-light leaded casement. The later cross-wing gable end has a 3-light casement on both main floors, the ground floor one has a plank weathering. Attic light at north-east end. Interior: three pairs of cruck trusses survive within the original range. (RCHM, III, p 55, item 32; Alcock, NW: CBA Cruck Catalogue, 1981).

Listing NGR: SO3022251911

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150596

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 55
Alcock, N W, 'Council for British Archaeology Research Report' in Cruck Construction An Introduction And Catalogue, (1981)

End of official listing