OUTBUILDING ABOUT TWO YARDS NORTH EAST OF BROWNSLAND FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157363
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1959
Date of most recent amendment:
21-May-1987
Statutory Address:
OUTBUILDING ABOUT TWO YARDS NORTH EAST OF BROWNSLAND FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OUTBUILDING ABOUT TWO YARDS NORTH EAST OF BROWNSLAND FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157363 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-May-2019 at 19:12:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
OUTBUILDING ABOUT TWO YARDS NORTH EAST OF BROWNSLAND FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Hope under Dinmore
National Grid Reference:
SO 50556 53136

Details

HOPE UNDER DINMORE CP HOPE UNDER DINMORE SO 55 SW 5/66 Outbuilding about two yards north-east of Browns land 11.6.59 Farmhouse (formerly listed as Browns land Farmhouse and adjoining outbuilding) GV II Outbuilding, possibly a stable and granary. C17 with mid-C19 alterations. Timber-framed with rendered infill on rubble base, partly weatherboarded with stone slate roof laid in diminishing courses. Four framed bays aligned east/west. Two levels. Framing: three rows of panels from sill to wall-plate, collar and tie-beam truss with three struts below collar and V-strut in apex exposed at west end. Main south elevation: the ground floor level has two square openings and one pair of square openings. On the upper floor level are three pairs of square openings. There are two ledged and battened doors, (in the first and second bay from the west end) and also a small doorway inserted in the fourth bay. Continuous lean-to rubble outshut adjoins the north elevation. Interior is recorded to incorporate some early C16 moulded beams. (RCHM Herefs III, p 72, item 35).

Listing NGR: SO5055653136

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
149629
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 72

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].