PAIR OF CHEST TOMBS BETWEEN NORTH AISLE AND VESTRY OF CHURCH OF SAINT MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157364
Date first listed:
06-Nov-1986
Statutory Address:
PAIR OF CHEST TOMBS BETWEEN NORTH AISLE AND VESTRY OF CHURCH OF SAINT MICHAEL, MOULTON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF CHEST TOMBS BETWEEN NORTH AISLE AND VESTRY OF CHURCH OF SAINT MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157364.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 21:43:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
PAIR OF CHEST TOMBS BETWEEN NORTH AISLE AND VESTRY OF CHURCH OF SAINT MICHAEL, MOULTON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Richmondshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Middleton Tyas
National Grid Reference:
NZ 23527 05574

Details

MIDDLETON TYAS MOULTON LANE NZ 2205-2305 (east side, off)

9/78 Pair of chest tombs between north aisle and vestry of Church of Saint Michael

GV II

Pair of chest tombs. Late C18. Sandstone ashlar. Outer tomb of Katherine, wife of Rev John Whaley, died 1799, has inscription on marble oval inset panel on side, flanked by pilasters with urns and festoons, and fluted pilasters on ends of tomb. Inner tomb of Mary Hartley, died 1797, has inscription on oval panel on side, flanked by pilasters, and with circular panels with acanthus rosettes flanked by fluted pilasters on ends of tomb.

Listing NGR: NZ2352705572

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
322144
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/01305/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alan Bradley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].