REMAINS OF LIMEBROOK PRIORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157383

Date first listed: 11-Jun-1959

Statutory Address: REMAINS OF LIMEBROOK PRIORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of REMAINS OF LIMEBROOK PRIORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157383 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 00:06:12.

Location

Statutory Address: REMAINS OF LIMEBROOK PRIORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Lingen

National Grid Reference: SO 37380 66044

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 36 NE LINGEN CP LIMEBROOK

9/86 Remains of Limebrook Priory 11.6.59

GV II

Limebrook Priory, now ruin. Probably C13, for Augustinian or Austin Nuns. Finely coursed sandstone rubble. Three fragments. A stretch of wall aligned north/south about ten yards long and 15 feet high. Two small fragments nearby to east up to about eight feet high. Limebrook Priory is a scheduled Ancient Monument, County No 110). (RCHM, Vol III, p 136).

Listing NGR: SO3738066044

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 149552

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 136

End of official listing