BERRINGTON COURT AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157428
Date first listed:
24-Oct-1988
Statutory Address:
BERRINGTON COURT AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDING

Map

Ordnance survey map of BERRINGTON COURT AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157428 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jul-2019 at 09:04:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
BERRINGTON COURT AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDING

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Malvern Hills (District Authority)
Parish:
Tenbury
National Grid Reference:
SO 57046 67657

Details

TENBURY CP UPPER BERRINGTON SO 56 NE 2/145 Berrington Court and adjoining outbuilding

- II

Farmhouse. Early C18, altered mid-C19. Brick with steeply-pitched and partly hipped plain tiled roof and brick end stacks with tiled offsets. Two storeys and attic with dormer. Five bays. Windows have cambered heads. Two ground floor and four first floor windows retain their mullioned and transomed wood window frames. Two ground floor windows to left replaced by 16-pane C19 sash. Central first floor window is blind. C20 gabled dormer with 3-light casement. Central entrance has a C19 timber gabled porch with trellis infill and there is a six-panelled door within (four flush panels, two glazed upper panels). Single-bay, single-storey wing to right with den- tilled eaves cornice and 3-light casement in front elevation. Interior recorded to have central hall with a dog-leg staircase and two panelled rooms to the north-west of the house. The panelling dates from about 1650 and is reused from an older building to the east of the house which is probably C16 and altered in the C18. It is part timber-framed and part refaced with brick, and is linked to the present house by a brick wall. (VCH, IV, p 363-4).

Listing NGR: SO5704667657

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
150836
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1924), 363-4

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].