OLD CROW FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157488

Date first listed: 19-Aug-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 31-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: OLD CROW FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD CROW FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157488 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:36:47.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD CROW FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Eardisley

National Grid Reference: SO 31610 47506

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EARDISLEY CP WILLERSLEY SO 34 NW 6/91 Old Crow Farmhouse (Formerly listed as 19.8.53 The Old Crow) GV II Farmhouse. Circa 1400 origin, altered C17, mid-C19 and mid- to late C20. Timber-framed with painted brick and rendered infill on rubble base, painted brick and rubble replacement walling and stone-tiled roofs laid in diminishing courses. T-plan; main single-bay range aligned north-east/south- west and has a large rubble chimney with a brick stack at the east corner. Cross-wing at south-west end of two framed bays with a large rubble chimney and brick stack at its south-west side. Single storey and attic. Framing: mainly three panels from sill to wall-plate with short straight braces in some upper corners. Collar and tie-beam trusses with struts. Framing at north-east end replaced C20. North-west front elevation: main part has a ground floor 3-light casement and a gabled dormer with a 2-light casement. Cross-wing gable end has two ground floor 2-light casements (one blocked) with plank weatherings and an attic light. There is a lean-to outshut in the angle between the ranges with a single-light casement to the north-west and the main entrance to the north-east, which has a half-glazed C20 door. C20 wing adjoins south-west side. Interior: hall range retains a cruck truss. (RCHM, III, p 56, item 62: Alcock, NW: CBA Cruck Catalogue, 1981).

Listing NGR: SO3161047506

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150646

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 56
Alcock, N W, 'Council for British Archaeology Research Report' in Cruck Construction An Introduction And Catalogue, (1981)

End of official listing