THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157563

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, A44

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157563 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 10:27:41.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, A44

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Eardisland

National Grid Reference: SO 41910 58652

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 4058 - 4158 EARDISLAND CP A 44 (north side) Eardisland

11/49 The Manor House (formerly listed as 20.2.53 The Old Manor House)

GV II

House. C17, raised and partly refronted early C18, extensively restored late C20. Timber-framed with rendered infill on a coursed rubble plinth, partly refronted in brick under a hipped tile roof. L-plan, main range extending to north-west, subsidiary limb to south-west. South-east front of two storeys, brick to right has bands to each floor and panelled parapet. Lead drain pipe to left with funnel head. Three windows, all 18-pane boxed sashes under segmental heads. To left of this is timber-framed, two storeys high, with three windows, two 2-light casements flanking a 3-light casement. The entrance to the centre of this part has a C20 gabled porch. The door is C17 with ornamental strap hinges. North-east front has four gabled dormers lighting the attic, and an external stack of rubble to the left. Framing: three square panels high, raised in framing of light scantling, and also extended in similar framing (RCHM, 3, p 48, no 5).

Listing NGR: SO4191058652

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 149831

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 48

End of official listing