LOWER WOOTTON FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157565

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1953

Statutory Address: LOWER WOOTTON FARMHOUSE, LOWER WOOTTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER WOOTTON FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157565 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 00:45:58.

Location

Statutory Address: LOWER WOOTTON FARMHOUSE, LOWER WOOTTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Almeley

National Grid Reference: SO 32831 52782

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ALMELEY CP LOWER WOOTTON SO 35 SW 1/30 Lower Wootton Farmhouse 20.2.53 GV II Farmhouse. Probably late C16 with later additions and alterations. Sandstone rubble plinth and timber-frame with brick infill. Sandstone rubble extension. Tiled roofs with sandstone rubble and brick stacks. L-plan with arms to north-west and north-east and extension to south-west. Two storeys and attic. South-east elevation has 1:2 windows, 3-light early C20 casements, with recessed gable front to left. Ground floor has 5-light mullioned and transomed window in gable with 3- and 2-light casements to the right. Entry with ledged door to right side of gable which is jettied at first floor and attic levels. Attached to left is a two-window sandstone rubble extension, probably formerly a granary. North elevation has two sandstone rubble side stacks. Interior has raking strut trusses over heightened wall-framing and heavy chamfered ceiling beams to ground floor. (RCHM, Vol III, p 7).

Listing NGR: SO3283152782

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150399

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 7

End of official listing