OLD FARMHOUSE AT GILBERTS FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157592

Date first listed: 09-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: OLD FARMHOUSE AT GILBERTS FARM, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD FARMHOUSE AT GILBERTS FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157592 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 14:54:00.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD FARMHOUSE AT GILBERTS FARM, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills (District Authority)

Parish: Bransford

National Grid Reference: SO 80093 51947

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRANSFORD SO 80105194 CHAPEL LANE (off) 1431/3/7 Old Farmhouse at Gilbert's Farm 9.2.88

II

House. Medieval; remodelled and extended C16 and C17, extended and altered late C18/early C19 and altered late C19. Timber-framing and brick with tile roofs. Irregular plan. Two storeys. South front cased in C19 brick. To the right are two gabled bays, the right-hand one lower. They have windows with segmental heads and a door in the left-hand bay under a gabled porch. To the left is a lower range of brick in two builds. It has three windows on the first floor and two on the ground floor, the right-hand one enlarged in the C20. Door between ground-floor windows. Chimney to left and right and at junction between lower range and main house. At the rear the framing is exposed, the trusses of the two gables of the main house having collars and tie-beams. A parallel wing extends northwards from the lower range and has a similar truss, with vertical struts and with V -struts above the collar. Interior: the left-hand (west) room of the main house has deeply-chamfered exposed ceiling beams and a C18 cupboard framed by fluted pilasters with triglyphs. Two early staircases, one partly circa 1600, and other interior joinery. Deeply chamfered beams in hall. One pair of crucks visible on first floor. On the first floor the right-hand wing has a curved wind-brace, principal post, and cambered tie-beam exposed.



Listing NGR: SO8009451945

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 153320

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing