MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1157616

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 02-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: 32, PASTURE ROAD

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, 34, PASTURE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157616 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 16:53:30.

Location

Statutory Address: 32, PASTURE ROAD

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, 34, PASTURE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven (District Authority)

Parish: Embsay with Eastby

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

National Grid Reference: SE0053753824

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 05 SW EMBSAY WITH EASTBY PASTURE ROAD (north side)

8/24 Manor House (No 34) and No 32 10.9.54 (formerly listed as Embsay Hall or Manor House)

- II*

Formerly one house, now 2. c1635 with mid C17 and C20 alterations. Slobbered squared rubble, stone dressings, stone slate roof. Lobby-entry plan. 2 storeys, 6 bays. Projecting gabled entrance porch in fourth bay. Central entrance has chamfered surround, moulded impost blocks and basket arch of 11 voussoirs. Chamfered surround and segmental arched lintel to inner entrance, plank door and strap hinges. Embossed plaster decoration of lions and thistles. Oversailing upper floor to porch on 6 stone corbels. 2 datestones (probably reset) of Alcock family inscribed: T E A W A A 16.52 1665 8-light double chamfered mullioned window which continues round left and right hand return; king mullion; hoodmould. Blocked stepped 3-light mullioned window in gable; stepped hoodmould. Shaped kneelers and coping. Far left-hand bay has small chamfered window in each storey. Remaining windows are double-chamfered with hood- moulds - ground floor: 4 and 5-light cavetto mullioned, 2-light mullioned, 6-light cavetto mullioned with king mullion; upper floor: two 3-light, two 2-light and 3-light mullioned. Left-hand former gable end ridge, right of centre and right-hand gable end ridge stacks. Interior: early - mid C17 plasterwork in central ground floor room including lions mask panel with vines. Plaster panel in front left-hand room inscribed 1636 TA. C17 oak partition and plank doors on upper floor. No 32 contains blocked inglenook in right-hand gable.

Listing NGR: SE0053753824

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 323936

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing