FALLSBROOK FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157644

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1953

Statutory Address: FALLSBROOK FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FALLSBROOK FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157644 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 13:37:45.

Location

Statutory Address: FALLSBROOK FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Byford

National Grid Reference: SO 39847 42792

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BYFORD CP BYFORD SO 34 SE 4/28 Fallsbrook Farmhouse 20.2.53

- II

Farmhouse. Probably C15, remodelled C17 with some early C20 alterations. Timber-frame with rendered infill, partially clad in painted brick on a rubble plinth, with machine tile roof. T-plan, cross-wing aligned north/ south, other range to west. Chimney stack centrally placed in subsidiary range with two rebuilt diamond-plan shafts, and a stack to north gable of cross-wing. South front has gabled cross-wing to right and is of two storeys. Three plus one windows, the two to the left are 3-light casements, then a 5- light casement and 4-light casement. The two central windows have leaded lights. Ground floor windows of four, three, two and five lights. Entrance in angle has a lean-to tiled canopy and a ledged and boarded door. Interior not inspected but reported to contain cruck truss and C17 panelling. (RCHM, Vol 3, p 32, no 5).

Listing NGR: SO3984742792

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 149986

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 32

End of official listing