MASONS ARMS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157687

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1953

Statutory Address: MASONS ARMS

Map

Ordnance survey map of MASONS ARMS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157687 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 16:47:23.

Location

Statutory Address: MASONS ARMS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Kinnersley

National Grid Reference: SO 33656 48487

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KINNERSLEY CP AILEY SO 34 NW 3/60 Masons Arms 20.2.53 GV II Farmhouse, formerly public house, now house. Probably late C16 to early C17 with later alterations. Timber-frame with plaster infill and brick extensions. Welsh slate and sandstone slate roof, hipped to north with sandstone rubble and brick end stacks. Rectangular plan, probably of three structural bays aligned roughly north/south. Two storeys. West elevation has two windows, 4-light early C19 casements. Ground floor has two casements of three lights and central mid-C20 oak door. Roof is hipped to left-hand side. North elevation has brick late C19 lean-to above which are four carved brackets, probably mid-C20, to tops of main posts. Frame has narrow studding with four panels between cill and wall-plate. Interior inaccessible at time of re-survey, (November 1986). Attached outbuilding to north-east mentioned in RCHM noted as demolished. (RCHM, Vol III, p 100).

Listing NGR: SO3365648487

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 150429

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 100

End of official listing