BOUNDARY STONE (AT NGR SD 9501 5297)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1157702
Date first listed:
02-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY STONE (AT NGR SD 9501 5297)

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOUNDARY STONE (AT NGR SD 9501 5297)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157702 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 07:53:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY STONE (AT NGR SD 9501 5297)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Craven (District Authority)
Parish:
Broughton
County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Craven (District Authority)
Parish:
Stirton with Thorlby
National Grid Reference:
SD9500352960

Details

SD 95 SE; 7/2

STIRTON WITH THORLBY, Boundary stone (at NGR SD 9501 5297)

II

Boundary stone, formerly dividing lands of Thomas, Earl of Thanet and Stephen Tempest of Broughton Hall (qv), now dividing Stirton with Thorlby and Broughton parishes. 1698, millstone grit rubble, c.70 cm high. Number 10 in original series of 41. Inscribed T (Thanet) on east side and ST (Stephen Tempest) on west side. Inscribed 1(0) on top. Source: Broughton Hall Archives, Box One, bundle 9: Boundary Rolls, Stirton with Thorlby and Broughton, 1698-1757.

The asset was previously listed twice. It was listed also under the parish of Broughton as List entry 1299542. This entry was removed from the List on 24/09/18.

Listing NGR: SD9500352960



Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
323973
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Aug 2003
Reference: IOE01/10912/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].