NURSLING HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157705

Date first listed: 29-May-1957

Statutory Address: NURSLING HOUSE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of NURSLING HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157705 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 12:16:14.

Location

Statutory Address: NURSLING HOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: Test Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Nursling and Rownhams

National Grid Reference: SU 35890 16436

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NURSLING AND ROWNHAMS CHURCH LANE SU 31 NE 7/11 Nursling House 29.5.57 II

Rectory, now private house. 1778, with late C19 west wing. Brick walls in header bond, parapet with stone coping, wood eaves cornice with small vertical modillions, rubbed flat arches, plain stone 1st floor band, stone cills, plinth. Double-pile tile roof, hipped at ends above a mansard. Symmetrical north front of two-storeys and attic, three windows. Sashes in reveals, casements to three flat-topped dormers. Corinthian (simplified) doorcase, with open pediment, three-quarter plain columns with inverted-bell caps, arched opening with panelled reveals, radiating lead ornament to fanlight, 6-panelled (two top glazed) door. Set back west wing (Victorian) of two storeys, with a C20 flat- roofed porch with a classical doorway. The west wing forms part of the rear (south) elevation, of a low 2 storeys, then two storeys and attic, 3.2.3 windows (the eastern three being within a two-storeyed half-octagonal bay). Sashes, French window in centre of bay. The end elevations. have attached stacks, and the parapet is pierced to drain the roof, with four lead rainwater heads and pipes, dated 1778.

Listing NGR: SU3589016436

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 141140

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing