FARM BUILDINGS OF MIDLINGTON FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157727

Date first listed: 24-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: FARM BUILDINGS OF MIDLINGTON FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARM BUILDINGS OF MIDLINGTON FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157727 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 15:19:20.

Location

Statutory Address: FARM BUILDINGS OF MIDLINGTON FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: Winchester (District Authority)

Parish: Droxford

National Park: SOUTH DOWNS

National Grid Reference: SU 60481 17215

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 61 NW DROXFORD MIDLINGTON 7/42 Farm buildings of Midlington Farm GV II Extensive ranges of buildings on three sides of a courtyard. 1848. Walls of flint with brick quoins, cambered openings, vertical bands, and large diamonds pierced for ventilation. Slate roofs. The south block is a barn of rectangular plan, and near-symmetrical elevations (north and south) with three waggon entrances, 3.2.2.2 diamonds. The north range (hay loft above stables) is of similar dimension, without features on the north (roadside) elevation and with a series of openings to the south (facing the courtyard) with hay-loft doors above doors and intermediate windows. The east range, also featureless on the east roadside elevation, is lower of two levels, comprising a cartshed open to the courtyard, and a range of stables. Date plaque inscribed 1848. A virtually unaltered group.

Listing NGR: SU5998118292

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 146400

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing