STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF FORCETT HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1157736

Date first listed: 04-Feb-1969

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF FORCETT HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF FORCETT HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157736 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 11:09:54.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF FORCETT HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Forcett and Carkin

National Grid Reference: NZ 17289 12352

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FORCETT AND CARKIN FORCETT PARK NZ 1612-1712 10/45 Stable Block to east of Forcett Hall (formerly listed as 4.2.69 Stables at Forcett Hall)

GV II*

Stable block. Late C18. Ashlar sandstone, Westmorland slate roofs. U- shaped plan, with 2-storey central range and single-storey wings to rear. Main block: 3:3:3 bays. The central 3 bays project slightly, and are pedimented. Plinth. Central round-arched carriageway. Other bays have effect of ground-floor rounded arcade, with recessed stonework and a round- arched sash window with glazing bars in each bay, and a continuous impost band. First floor: 6-pane sash windows. Cornice. Hipped roof. Corniced stacks between fourth and fifth, sixth and seventh bays. In carriageway, doorways with architraves, that to right with board stable door. Inner elevation of left rear range, from left: three C20 garage doors; sash window with glazing bars; door of 6 fielded panels below 6-pane overlight, both with wedge lintels; pump housed in wooden box with spout on left and handle on right side; C20 truck opening; roof hipped to right, stacks at centre and near hip. Inner elevation of right rear range, from right: segmental-arched opening; 6 stable doors below 6-pane overlights, with blind window between second and third stable, all with wedge lintels; cornice; roof hipped to left. Further to left, Welsh slate roof, supported on Ionic column, forming lean-to log stores against garden wall which terminates in a gate pier with banded rustication: the opposite gate pier terminates a wall attached to Forcett Hall (qv).

Listing NGR: NZ1728912352

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 323257

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 32 North Yorkshire,

End of official listing